Are you having a tough time in your marriage? If so, then you might be wondering if it’s time to seek divorce. Only you can answer that question, but you also don’t want to be trapped in a toxic marriage that causes you otherwise avoidable emotional and psychological pain and suffering.
What are some of the signs of impending divorce?
There are no sure signs of divorce. However, if you’re experiencing any of the following in your marriage, then you might want to think hard about pursuing marriage dissolution:
- Physical, emotional or financial infidelity.
- Consistent irritability.
- A desire to avoid going home at the end of the day.
- Changed values and life goals.
- Lack of physical and emotional intimacy.
- You and your spouse are living like roommates.
- You or your spouse are uninterested in putting forth effort to improve your relationship.
- You constantly fantasize about leaving your spouse and starting a new life of your own.
- There’s a lack of respect in your marriage.
- You’ve been subjected to domestic violence or some other form or abuse.
- Your spouse struggles with substance abuse.
Again, only you know how much you can take in your marriage. But don’t allow yourself to be trapped in a bad situation. If you think that your marriage is irreparable or that it’s simply in your best interests to bring it to an end now, then you might want to consider pursuing divorce.
Are you ready to initiate your divorce?
If so, then you’ll want to familiarize yourself with the process and what it takes to position yourself for a favorable outcome. By doing so, you might be able to get through your divorce in a way that sets you up for a successful next chapter of your life.