Rockville Divorce Attorney
It may seem difficult to believe right now, but your divorce is a legal matter — not a defining moment of your life. Perhaps it is best to remember that as your married life ends, your future lies before you. How you get through these next few months will depend largely on whether your lawyer sees you as a person, rather than a legal case.
I am Maryland family law attorney Greg Abney. Count on me to provide the personal, responsive help you need. From offices in Rockville, I represent clients in family law courts in Montgomery County and throughout the surrounding counties. Call my office at 301-850-4972 or contact me by email to arrange a in-office consultation with me today.
Focused On Meeting Your Future Needs
I come to work at 8 a.m. every morning with a single objective: to help clients find an efficient and cost-effective resolution, so they can move ahead with their lives. I leave my office at 5 p.m. every afternoon, feeling confident that I have made a positive difference in people’s lives.
Just as I work hard to separate my law practice from my family life, I promise to help you keep your divorce in proper perspective as well. When we sit down to discuss your legal needs, I will remind you that the end of your marriage doesn’t define who you are. Your settlement should be a springboard for helping you become who you want to be.
There is no one-size-fits-all strategy to an effective divorce settlement. I focus on helping people through family law issues one person at a time. I am ready to help you meet — and overcome — challenging family law issues such as:
- Divorce: I am a skilled and experienced negotiator and litigator who helps my clients resolve complex disputes and avoid divorce-related mistakes. I keep my hourly rates affordable and accept a reasonable flat fee for uncontested divorces. I can also help you see the value of a legal separation agreement, prior to divorce, if you will benefit from a formal arrangement.
- Child custody issues: Throughout the divorce settlement or trial process, I will answer your questions about child custody issues and make sure your child’s best interests remain first and foremost. I also handle post-divorce arrangements and paternity matters for unmarried parents involved in disputes over child support and parenting concerns.
- Property division: Maryland is an equitable distribution state. That does not mean that all property and marital debt are split 50/50 down the middle. I work with professionals to determine proper valuation and equitable distribution that will protect your rights and long-term financial interests. I will evaluate and explain issues related to possible spousal maintenance or alimony.
- Modifications: If your situation has changed significantly since the court order was issued, you can request a modification to the support, custody or visitation arrangement.
- Protective orders: If you are a victim of domestic violence — or if you have been wrongly accused of it — I can help you protect yourself and your rights.
Learn How I Can Make A Difference For You
Discover the difference an experienced lawyer can make. Call me at 301-850-4972 to arrange a consultation in my office. My firm is near the Rockville Metro station, just steps from the Circuit Courthouse. My office hours for consultations are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
I do everything I can to keep my office overhead low, so I can pass lower attorneys’ fees on to my clients. I accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express for your convenience.